Did you recently have new vinyl windows installed in your kitchen? With squeaky clean glass, your new windows will add appeal to your kitchen. You don’t have to stop at the remodeling process either—you can optimize your upgrade with a few decorating adjustments.
At Window Depot USA in Chattanooga, our experts are specialized in a variety of home improvement services. After your window replacement, check out our decorating tips for enhancing your kitchen windows:
- Simplicity is Key: Heavy window coverings can detract from the appearance of your new windows. For a modern look, replace any ornate draping with simple shades.
- Lighten Up: Thanks to your Chattanooga window replacement, your windows will let in more natural light. Pick a shade that allows privacy while still providing plenty of light. Pleated shades offer both features and even come in various tones.
- Add an Accent Color: For the fabric, you’ll want to pick a color that will complement your kitchen. Contemporary tones—greens, blacks, and golds—are very popular and great for tying in other colors in the room. For small kitchens, cool-colored shades and curtains can make the room look brighter, whereas warm colors make a huge area seem more intimate and welcoming.
- Experiment with Texture: Roman shades are another hot trend because they add visual interest without being too distracting.
- Incorporate Curves: When you think about it, your kitchen has a lot of straight lines. From the cabinets to the countertops, just about every surface or appliance is either straight or square. To add variety to your kitchen, drapes with soft curves can make the space feel less boxy.
Our expert contractors can do the home improvement project, but it’s up to you to decide how you want to decorate your newly renovated kitchen. To learn more about our services in Chattanooga, simply contact us at 423-894-0011.