It doesn’t matter if you are designing your dream home or building on to your current one; make sure you pay careful attention to the placement of your new windows. Here are some tips from the award-winning designers at Window Depot USA.
Top 10 Tips For Perfect Window Placement
- Place windows throughout the house so that they can catch cross-breezes. The easiest way to think of this placement is that when standing at one window, you should be able to see the other window that it will be cross-ventilating with.
- Always spend the money to put the largest windows where your family will get the best view. In most cases, that means nice big windows overlooking your garden, yard or adjoining green space.
- When deciding on the height of the bottom of a window for bedrooms or living rooms, the window should be low enough that you can see the view when lying in bed or sitting in your favorite chair.
- A good quality window will eliminate the need for storm windows so be sure to do your research when deciding the type of window you would like to install.
- Be sure to have windows on the side of the house that receives prevailing winds to allow for more airflow into the house.
- To make the most of passive solar heat gains, consider the solar orientation of your home. If you live in a cool climate, you will want to increase the amount of the sun’s heat that penetrates into your house. That means ensuring that you have plenty of windows on the West and South facing sides of the house.
- Aesthetically, your house will look more cohesive if the tops of all of the windows are at the same height on each story of the house.
- You always want to include windows on the side of the house that receives the most wind to allow more airflow throughout your home.
- The beauty of building your own home or adding an addition is that you can custom make everything to work for your advantage. When finding a spot for your new windows make sure you think about furniture placement as well. Try not to block any windows with your sofa or other large items.
- To avoid having to reinstall your windows at any point make sure that they all meet your city’s window requirements before having them installed.
For more tips regarding the placement of new windows, contact the experts at Window Depot USA. Window Depot USA sells and installs new windows in Chattanooga and surrounding areas. Contact Window Depot USA today at 423-894-0011.